The Vision of Team Faith
Our Vision is to establish Evangelism teams of Action Sports athletes which are led by “Pit Pastors”, (Chaplains), to infiltrate professional racing circuits and other Action Sports events all over the US and Canada. Thier purpose is to represent Christ and present His Gospel to people interested in extreme sports. Additionally, our vision is to establish a Team Faith Training Facility where we could then train future Pit Pastors and action athletes how to influence thier congregations via implementation of our various Team Faith Outreach Programs.
Our Vision Strategy
ATHLETES are ROLE MODELS
In 1994 God laid on Team Faith Founder Brian O’Rourke’s heart to INFLUENCE the INFLUENCERS with the message of Christ. The INFLUENCERS are professional athletes. Professional athletes in high-profile positions in the EXTREME SPORTS arenas have tremendous IMPACT on the lives of the young people that idolize them. In order to fufill the Vision we must strategically implement ministry Outreach Programs to maximize our opportunities to witness.
STEP 1. INFILTRATE the venues of Extreme Sports in an effort to sow into the lives of the athletes by bringing the Gospel to them so they have an opportunity to accept Christ and make Christ the Lord of their lives.
Matthew 28:19-20 Go then, and make disciples of all the nations, giving them baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: Teaching them to keep all the rules which I have given you: and see, I am ever with you, even to the end of the world.
- GO – because they won’t come to you, nor will they likey come to the church.
- ESTABLISH CREDIBILITY – COMMIT to a Series and consistently invest in the lives of the participants of that series.
- PREACH THE WORD – do not compromise. Do not be intimidated by their status as an athlete.
- BE AVAILABLE – strategically place oneself in a position to be seen and to be approached in an effort to offer assistance in every way
- PARTICIPATE – be an active participant of the event.
STEP 2. ENCOURAGE AND EDUCATE born-again athletes to recognize that God has given each one of us gifts, talents, and resources for the purpose of being used to further the Kingdom.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- EQUIP – disciple and mentor athletes through our Chaplaincy Program
- BE AN EXAMPLE – show them how it’s possible to Glorify God and be a professional athlete.
- USE THE SPORT AS A PLATFORM from which to preach the Gospel.
- EVANGELIZE to everyone at the event via your participation of the event.
STEP 3. USE THE EXCITEMENT THE SPORT GENERATES AS A PLATFORM from which to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- EVANGELIZE – strategically place committed, called Christian Athletes in a position to represent Christ via participation in the sport.
- BELONG – create a professional image that shows everyone you belong in the sport.
- BE BOLD – take every opportunity given to proclaim Christ because of athletic status.
- REPRESENT CHRIST – in all aspects of participation of the event.
EVANGELISM via EXTREME SPORTS
STEP 1. PARTICIPATE – form a Team of Christians to compete or participate in the sport and allow Christ’s light to shine through the Team.
STEP 2. CHOOSE STRATEGICALLY – high-profile series or sports venues for maximum exposure to as many people as possible via Television coverage, print media coverage and live audience exposure.
STEP 3. STAND OUT – appear similar, yet not the same as other teams in an effort to be set apart from the rest of the participants.
John 17:15 I pray not that you would take them from the world, but that you would keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.
STEP 4. PREACH THE WORD – take every opportunity to utilize the gifts and talents God has given to speak the Truth in love to those who look up to you as an athlete so as to point towards your relationship with Christ.